Welcome to the School Social Workers' Department
The Berrien County School Social Workers' mission is to advocate within the home, school and community in ways that empower and support all students to achieve educational success.
School Social Workers provide information and counseling and help students, parents, and school staff work together to solve problems by communicating and providing referrals to other resources.
The School Social Worker works with schools, students and families to eliminate barriers to successful learning by
- Developing and identifing resources for students and families
- Assisting families in crisis or those with emergency needs
- Acting as a liaison/link between the school, home and community
School Social Workers Principles:
- The School Social Worker will collaborate and consult with students, parents, school administrators, faculty and the community in the identification of family and student concerns to provide supportive services.
- The School Social Worker will resepect the individual differences of children and families.
- The School Social Worker will provide appropriate interventions and services that help children and families that are at risk for educational failure.
- School Social Workers develop relationships with students and families to facilitate the desired changes identified by the student, family and school.
For more information on the services offered by the School Social Worker at Berrien Primary School, Berrien High School or Berrien Academy Performance Learning Center, please contact Katie Ray at [email protected]
For more information on the services offered by the School Social Worker at Berrien Elementary School or Berrien Middle School, please contact Kristin Powell at [email protected]s.